This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Getting a report and links to Orion Maps.

I'm not sure if this area covers the new Orion Maps feature but here goes.

We have generated a lot of Orion Maps for our sites/locations.  I am looking to try and generate a report of the maps with hyperlinks.  With nodes, interfaces etc., we can just build a report that lists the object and the ID with a hyperlink to it.  I'd like to try and generate the same type of thing for the Orion Maps we have/are creating.  

Any thoughts of how to approach getting the information from Orion on the maps?  

Ian.

•  - you should be able to do this no differently than you would for a report based on Nodes or Interfaces or any other object/ entity in Orion. 

Based on how I am interpreting what you are asking, I would recommend you utilize the Custom Table widget either on a view or in a report. 

When configuring the table, the first item to address would be the data source. You may select Orion Map, or use the advanced options to specify a particular set of maps.

jblankjblank_0-1604519634324.png

You would then pick the columns for the table. The most important for you may simply be the Map Name and perhaps the Status.

jblankjblank_2-1604519792461.png

You can then select the Advanced Settings under the Map Name column and change display settings to use the Details Page Link

jblankjblank_3-1604519933011.png

Once completed and saved you could have a simple table that looks like this:

jblankjblank_4-1604520059012.png

Clicking a map name would automatically put the user into full screen view mode of the selected map. In your case you may want to have multiple tables broken out by site if there are multiple maps per site.

Hopefully this helps.

• Thanks this really helped and I was able to build exactly what I needed.