This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Community question about views in orion

So with everything that has happened security wise in the last few weeks I assume I'm not the only person that has been given the directive to rebuild the server from scratch.  

As I'm doing this, I'm also taking this as an opportunity to try to improve my setup.  I have already worked with support and received links to a large number of documents for setting up the environment securely and following best practices, with the exception of being unable to track down a current copy of the antivirus exclusions that doesn't require a login that is for some reason not the THWACK or Customer Portal credentials. 

I'll link the info I have to share if it will help anyone else in a follow up comment.  

This brings me now to my question for the Community.  As I am rebuilding with the requirement that NOTHING can be copied from the original server so it's a completely manual process, what are the really cool things people have setup for user views in the system or device specific etc.  Any custom monitors and alerts for general servers and network devices. Also from a default view setup what do you pull out or add to built in views to make them better and who do you target them to.  

To give a IT dept setup example we have the following groups: Service Desk, Network Team, Server Team, Application Team.

And for our site we currently only use NPM, NCM, and SAM.  I would love to add in SMAN and VMAN but getting that approved, especially now will be interesting.

What kind of views do you setup and why for these generic types of groups.  Understanding that each site is different so as much info for the who and why you setup things that way is great. 

Also I had trolled through long ago and pulled information from the forums on setting up custom CPU monitors and alerts for virtual hosts that are "right sized" so they almost alway run high CPU but that's not really an issue unless a secondary windows performance counter is high. 

Any custom monitors and alerts like this are great. 

Just looking to have the community share their general knowledge so that we can all make the software the best it can be for ourselves.