cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
admin2923
Level 8

I need to scan my entire network to see if any machines are not monitored by SolarWinds

I have been at my new job for a few months now and have been getting used to SolarWinds monitoring or I guess the full name is SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager v7.5.0.1324. Anyway, I have been using it and it has helped me a lot, particularly letting me know when a device is offline or if a drive volume is running out of space. My problem now is; I am not sure all our servers are monitored. I have done some spot checking and asked around and get a lot of "I think" and "probably". I want to know for sure. Is there a tool or a way I can scan all of our subnets and have every Windows Server between 2003 and 2016 report back in if it has the SolarWinds agent or not? Obviously, I do not need workstations reporting back and it would be nice to help out the network team and let them know if their devices are monitored, but primarily I am interested in scanning Windows Servers. All suggestions are welcome.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
mprobus
Level 13

Re: I need to scan my entire network to see if any machines are not monitored by SolarWinds

For clarification.  Are you using NCM by itself or do you also have NPM (Network Performance Monitor)?  I personally, do not handle NCM, but I don't think that the items you listed are part of the NCM functionality.

On a side note.  You may have better respond to your question if you put it in a different forum besides Thackcamp.  I would put it in a product specific one.

0 Kudos