cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

How do you attend a session?

Jump to solution

I RSVP'd for a bunch of sessions but I don't see any links or emails or anything to actually attend one? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Product Manager
Product Manager

If you go to the main thwackCamp page here: thwackCamp 2015 you'll see an "Enter Track" button at the bottom of each track. Click there to enter. You'll have to do it again for each session you want to attend, especially if you're switching tracks.

thwackCamp.png

PS: If you missed sessions that you do want to attend, we will post the videos for them sometime in the next week, so you can go back and catch up! We're happy to answer questions, too.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Level 12

This is still a problem. I registered for a webinar today, but never received an email as it promised.

I think the whole track and follow and registration process needs a diaper change.

=seymour=

0 Kudos

foonly‌, which webinar is that?

0 Kudos

It was the Application Aware Performance Monitoring. Brad said there were

some technical issues. I watched it after the fact, and made a list of

questions to pursue.

I find it very hard to find the actual videos from the Thwack Community

Events, Webcasts & Training

<https://thwack.solarwinds.com/community/solarwinds-community/community-events-webcasts-and-training>

page.

I expected to see a link to all recorded webinars on the registration page

itself. A few do have it (based on a spot check). I'm sure there's some

page that has them all, but it's well hidden.

I would think you'd get more late drop in attendees if you had the link to

the actual webinar on that page.

As I always tell the folks at work "Count da clicks" - more than 2 clicks

is a problem unless there's an obvious hierarchical structure.

thanks,

=seymour=

BSEE Enterprise IT Core Services

Network Engineer (Contractor)

New Orleans, LA

504-731-1468

On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 6:19 AM, maria.bungau <maria.bungau@solarwinds.com>

0 Kudos

foonly‌, thank you for this valuable feedback. We really appreciate it.

As for the videos, this is the best place to look for them: Video

0 Kudos

Of course - (face palm - obvious hierarchical structure I was mumbling

about) just click the Video tab on Thwack.

But if the webinar is already in progress, then where do we click? I

suppose I'll need my other had to face palm - SolarWinds Lab, right?

This is why my profile picture is what it is ...

=seymour=

BSEE Enterprise IT Core Services

Network Engineer (Contractor)

New Orleans, LA

504-731-1468

On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 8:58 AM, maria.bungau <maria.bungau@solarwinds.com>

0 Kudos
Level 7

Today, I won't be able to listen through my pc (although I can grab the video). Is there a call in number I could use to join each session?

0 Kudos
Product Manager
Product Manager

If you go to the main thwackCamp page here: thwackCamp 2015 you'll see an "Enter Track" button at the bottom of each track. Click there to enter. You'll have to do it again for each session you want to attend, especially if you're switching tracks.

thwackCamp.png

PS: If you missed sessions that you do want to attend, we will post the videos for them sometime in the next week, so you can go back and catch up! We're happy to answer questions, too.

View solution in original post

Apparently despite registering for ThwackCamp weeks ago, attending the keynote, successfully RSVP'ing for the sessions I wanted, and having my inbox pounded into oblivion by ThwackCamp emails, I was not actually registered for the event and therefore never got the Enter Track links.

I'm now registered again and I see them.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi snorkel‌,

I'm sorry you experienced issues. Being registered for the event is actually one of the requirements to be able to attend Track 1 or Track 2 sessions. RSVP'ing helps you keep track of the events you are interested in, but in order to see the videos and get involved in the chatroom, you need to either choose Track 1 or Track 2. Feel free to email us at thwackcamp@solarwinds.com in case you have issues during the sessions.

Maria

0 Kudos

Understood.  It is just strange that I signed up for the event and have been receiving reminder emails about it yet somehow was not actually registered.

0 Kudos

I know what you're talking about. You receive those notifications because by RSVP'ing you are actually following that particular event. You can however stop following it, in order to avoid receiving all those emails. Just go to the top right side of the event page, and stop following it:

stop following.png

Hope this makes sense.

0 Kudos

It might make sense to just turn off preferences globally...

image004.jpeg

0 Kudos
Level 7

same here

0 Kudos