cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 18

All About Alerts

When consumers perceive that “the monitoring solution is bad” it is often because they feel that it generates nothing except noise.

When we published the Monitoring 101 ebook HERE we realized that there was a lot of material which would benefit from some step-by-step, hands-on demonstration. Which made it perfect for SolarWinds lab episodes. And by far, the section that received the most attention and conversation was on alerting. Because, as we mentioned earlier, the blame for “bad monitoring” is often laid at the feet of alerting.

The Lab episode called “All About Alerts” was our way of digging deeper into the material presented in the Monitoring 101 ebook. Take a few minutes to watch it now, and then see if you can correctly answer the questions below. If you can, hopefully you can use some of that knowledge to improve YOUR alerting environment at work.

Leon Adato | Head Geek
------
"Measure what is measurable,
and make measurable what is not so." - Gallileo

5 Replies

adatole Can I get a second chance to attempt and complete this mission now I've studied more

0 Kudos

Great presentation. Question 10 really, really, really should have B as the answer - that's an alert the whole team would respond to.

For question 10, answer "B": I better not be out that day...

Level 12

Yes, great presentation as mentioned above.

0 Kudos
Level 9

This presentation provided good information on the proper way to look at alerts.  It gave me a better way to ask and interview people when being asked to prepare alerts.  Based on this I am going to prepare a requirements form that people will need to fill out when requesting alerts.  Terrific presentation.

Thanks,