cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

Creating Single Page displaying all server Disk Volume usage

Hi everyone, I am trying to create a web page to display of disk volume usage for all managed servers in NPM. Under the Node Details, Vital stats there is Disk volume resource that displays dynamic drive information in a table.

pastedImage_1.png

I want to create a page listing all server volume information dynamically. I am using custom HTML resource and have tried to add the HTML code using view resource from above table display and various subsets of html code unsuccessfully. Does anyone know of a How-To to accomplish this?

pastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MVP
MVP

As suggested I would tackle this slightly differently too following Marcs suggestion,

I would just add a resource table to a view or a report to show all your disk volumes grouped by Node. Simple!

pastedImage_0.png

Its dynamic and shows all your nodes and groups the volumes for you. No need to create HTML

Adam @acmtix

www.acmtix.com

Looks like you are doing this the hard way.  Out of the box there is no way to dynamically add that resource to the page for each server.

There is already a resource called All Volumes that lists them all out, but doesn't include quite as much detail because it is intended to be a high level quick summary

pastedImage_1.png

If you are looking to get that added detail I would suggest just creating a custom table of volumes listing their associated node's captions, volume caption, size, space used, and percent used. Without doing custom stuff you wouldn't get the colors on the percents used since orion doesn't factor the thresholds into volume status, but it should only take like 5 minutes to build.

Custom Table Resource

If you want to have more colors and detailed stats then you are in the land of custom SQL/SWQL reports with case logic for the thresholds, there are lots of examples of that around, below is the one I made myself.  Feel free to use it as a starting point if you decide to go the custom route.

pastedImage_3.png

SELECT n.caption as [Node]
, v.Caption as [Volume]
, round(v.VolumePercentUsed,1) as [Space Used]
,round(v.volumespaceavailable/1073741824,1) as [Free GB]
,case when f.DaysToCapacityPeak is null then 'No Forecast'
when f.DaysToCapacityPeak<0 then 'Full'
when f.DaysToCapacityPeak<91 then tostring(f.DaysToCapacityPeak)
when f.DaysToCapacityPeak>90 then '>90 Days'
end as [Days til Full],
v.DetailsUrl as [_linkfor_Volume]
, n.DetailsUrl as [_linkfor_Node]
,'/Orion/images/StatusIcons/Small-' + n.StatusIcon AS [_IconFor_Node]
, case when fc.WarningThreshold is null and v.VolumePercentUsed > (Select CurrentValue AS [col1] FROM Orion.Settings WHERE SettingID = 'NetPerfMon-DiskSpace-Error') then '/Orion/images/StatusIcons/Small-Critical.gif'
when fc.WarningThreshold is null and v.VolumePercentUsed > (Select CurrentValue AS [col1] FROM Orion.Settings WHERE SettingID = 'NetPerfMon-DiskSpace-Warning') then '/Orion/images/StatusIcons/Small-Warning.gif'
when v.VolumePercentUsed>f.CriticalThreshold then '/Orion/images/StatusIcons/Small-Critical.gif'
when v.VolumePercentUsed>f.WarningThreshold then '/Orion/images/StatusIcons/Small-Warning.gif'
end as [_Iconfor_Space Used]
,'/Orion/images/StatusIcons/Small-' + v.StatusIcon AS [_IconFor_Volume]

from orion.Volumes v
join orion.nodes n on n.nodeid=v.nodeid
left join Orion.ForecastCapacitySettings fc on fc.InstanceId=v.VolumeID and fc.metricid=3
left join Orion.ForecastCapacity f on f.InstanceId = v.VolumeID and f.EntityType='Orion.volumes'

where (v.volumetype like 'fixed%' or v.volumetype like '%network%' or v.volumetype like '%mount%') and v.volumesize>500000000
and v.volumepercentused > case when fc.WarningThreshold is null then (Select CurrentValue AS [col1] FROM Orion.Settings WHERE SettingID = 'NetPerfMon-DiskSpace-Warning')
else fc.CriticalThreshold end
--and v.customproperties.SupressVolume=0
--and v.FullName like '%${SEARCH_STRING}%'

order by currentvalue desc

-Marc Netterfield

Loop1 Systems: SolarWinds Training and Professional Services

- Marc Netterfield, Github

Marc,

Great dashboard!  This is awesome and shows the power that Solarwinds has.

I'm struggling to get the fancy colored lights and url links to work and would greatly appreciate some assistance.

I'm using a Custom Table on my view...not sure how to configure the display properties.

Please Help!

Thanks,

John

0 Kudos

As you probably picked up by now the custom table resource doesn't support the iconfor_ and linkfor_ syntax, you can only use them with the resource called Custom Query.  I work in SWQL all day so I prefer that because it gives me a lot of control over presentation, but just using a custom table and for each column where it is appropriate hitting the advanced options and enabling the status icons and details link would get your 90% of the way there with no need for custom SQL or HTML.  Only think missing would be the color coded threshold icons because I had to code the logic for them in myself.

- Marc Netterfield, Github
0 Kudos

Thanks Marc for the feedback.

I switched to using the Custom Query. With the Custom Table, I was never able to get the status icons working – not sure about the ins and outs of “variable

Thanks again!

0 Kudos