This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

app.pendo.io

I noticed Solarwinds NPM 12.5 is making calls to this web site: pendo.io when it is loading pages.

Does anyone know its purpose?

• Pendo is used to gather usage telemetry to help us better understand how product features are being used and the paths used to navigate to those features. 

• Hello Tony,

Is there a way to disable those connections to pendo.io?

I am asking because web browser is notifying me that SolarWinds website is trying to connect to pendo.io, which it cannot do (restricted Internet access).

Those notifications (at the bottom of the browser window) could lead to potential questions from customers (browser is displaying "Waiting for connection").

Thanks,

Marcin.

• Hi Marcin,

Yes this can be disabled in the advanced settings Orion/Admin/AdvancedConfiguration/Global.aspx

• Hey 

Could you share which option in advanced settings turns this off please? My client has a ticket with support on this exact issue (#00481456), and as I'm a big fan of helping my cleints help themselves, if you could share the correct toggle, I can resolve this ticket for them.

In advanced settings, I tried searching for pendo.io (that would be too easy :P), and have gone though every option, but it's not obvious which one I need to modify :robotindifferent:

Any help would be appreciated. 

EDIT: The case I mentioned above is now closed. The mechanism to opt out of Pendo.io only exists in Orion 2019.4 HF1 or newer, although I'm not 100% certain which setting toggles this on or off, it is not clearly labeled. I'll update this again if I ever work it out. 

For those unsure of how to get to Orion's advanced settings, the URL is: 

YourOrionURL/.../Global.aspx

Be VERY careful what you change in here, you can easly adversly effect your Orion instance if you change any of these settings without SolarWinds' support guidance. 

EDIT'2: As per , the specific setting you need to change is:

GtmEnabled.png

If you clear that checkbox, your platform will no longer reach out to Pendo.io. 

: I assume a service restart will be needed to cement that change? Could you confirm please? 

• The setting in question is GtmEnabled

GTM.png