cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Community Manager
Community Manager

Which of the following ways can employees connect with your service desk?

Loading question...
31 Replies
Level 8

phone

0 Kudos

Phone should have also been a key option. Most if not all come-in via phone, with smaller numbers of people adopting newer methods of using email or direct on service portals. 

0 Kudos
Level 8

Phone should've been an obvious choice.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Telephone should have been an option.  It's our Primary resource

Telephone wasn't even an option--I'm surprised. Most of my users called our Help Desk over using the other options. In-Person isn't an option since the Help Desk is in a separate building with restricted card-key access. But, as a resource who gets assigned tickets, I saw my share of drive-by activity where people didn't want to spend the time to open a ticket and create the required entry and documentation that accounted for my time working on their issue. The response from Management was to ask the person to fill out a ticket and assign it to the appropriate team. Basically, go back to the end of the line & take a number; we'll get to you in the order in which you opened the ticket. Yes, it's harsh on the customer. But the alternative is being inundated by undocumented requests for help, and then having to go back and do the work on the documentation the customer is supposed to do.
0 Kudos
Level 7

We have a dedicated phone # that converts the voice mail to text.  Sends and email with original wav file and converted voice mail and creates a ticket for emergencies.

Sometimes they call us direct, but that is outside of the process.

0 Kudos
Level 8

We have a dedicated HelpDesk support team that takes phone calls and corrects/routes issues to the proper teams.

0 Kudos
Level 9

Phone
Voicemail (voicemail pops an email ticket with wav attachment)
Google forms

0 Kudos
Level 9

Customers can also call our helpdesk for assistance that are immediate or critical. 

0 Kudos
Level 9

Phone is also available, but the helpdesk team seems to get frustrated when it rings and directs them back to open a ticket through the service desk. Even if the end user cannot get to the service desk, they often ask for someone around them to enter the ticket (I've heard). Sure, we don't want to be in the business of entering all of the tickets, but it seems like a poor customer experience to me...

0 Kudos
Level 13

by phone (any type) 

0 Kudos
Level 8

Desk phones, personal phones, email, chat apps (Teams, Jabber)

0 Kudos

Telepathy ie. mind reading.

Bill

That's what the end users expect when they put in a ticket titled "Need help."

Or, "INSERT TECHNICAL OBJECT" "not working" need help ASAP. 

Those tickets usually get closed and sent back with a reply of "Need more information" and then when they reply it reopens the ticket. 

Level 8

phone

0 Kudos
Level 9

Other: Phone

0 Kudos
Level 9

1. Phone

2. Text

3. ohanda ........ The trusted O-and-A since your hear can you also fix this

0 Kudos
Level 10

Customers can also call in directly to the service desk for support.

Level 11

Also phone.