cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Community Manager
Community Manager

Which of the following best describes your organization BEFORE COVID-19?

Loading question...
0 Kudos
11 Replies
Level 10

We did not have an active remote workforce. We had a couple of staff members that worked remotely from time to time, but that was it.

0 Kudos
Level 16

We use dashboards for everything, but as we built more VPN servers we added them to the dashboards so management could see bandwidth and number of users

0 Kudos
Level 10

I'm not sure how my organization monitored/tracked this.

0 Kudos
Level 9

We don't have a "remote workforce" so the remote connections are only used by us in IT or off-site contracted individuals providing off-hours help/auditing.

0 Kudos
Level 20

We added some stuff for VPN usage 4 sure... needed to count how many people where working from home during the day.

0 Kudos
Level 11

As @network_defender mentioned, we use Solarwinds products in a classified environment. We are working at 50% manning right now to provide the support required.

Level 9

Classified environment, so no change

We use all of our SolarWinds products in a classified environment.  We are still on station, working a split shift to maintain proper social distancing.

Q1 - My company relied on a 3rd party for this information, and had no visual dashboards. SolarWinds was mid-deployment when COVID kicked in so now we are running some temp dashboards setup in anger to help support the remote workforce as best as possible, but it's already been a great help to the support teams.

- David Smith

Everyone in my company had remote access, but it was rarely used. Today, everyone works remotely, either from home or in the field.

0 Kudos

I ended up whipping up some additional monitoring for services like Clever, Cisco Umbrella, and GSuite. The sudden shift in focus gave me a fun challenge to come up with some new SAM templates 🙂 

0 Kudos