cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Community Manager
Community Manager

What would you like to see added in the THWACK Store?

Loading question...
77 Replies
Level 9

If use points for a voucher, how long do we have before the voucher expires?

Thanks!

Per Danielle, "Yes, the SCP voucher expires 6 months from date of purchase."
Level 12

Is there an expiration on the SCP voucher?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @rmullalThe SCP voucher expires 6 months from date of purchase.

Thanks @OliviaP ! do you know how they are doing the testing now with the pandemic going on? is it still all in person?

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Good question, @rmullal! All exams are given remotely online through a third-party company called PSI. Let me know if you need anything else!

0 Kudos

@OliviaP just one more question! if we purchase the discounted SCP exam, does it come with a retake?

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sure thing, @rmullal - each exam voucher includes one retake for the same exam. Let me know if you need anything else!

Level 9

I wanted to vote more than once! I ended up with Tech Gadgets because they are usually super fun but they also tend to sell out the fastest.

Is there a vote option to just re-stock what's already in the store more often? I've had my eye on the solar charger for a while but can never seem to get in quick enough to get it.

My second option on the list is Dice. Because dice. Because we're all nerds here and that's okay. 

Level 10

Can you please add the entire EU, not only GB and DL to the country's that can order THWACK store items.  We would appreciate that ! 

Thanks !

Level 10

SysAdMania (or an update to it)

Hammock

Amazon Gift Cards, please.  It would be sweet for us to be able to spend 10,000 points for a $100 gift card.  Yes, it would be even better to get a $100 card for 1,000 points or 100 points, but I'm not unreasonable.

I'm going to agree with @-_- that this would most likely be the end of the system. Full little solarwinds branded toys or geeky stuff is one thing but you start handing out (essentially) cash, and that would likely be the end of the system. Plus even at your highest exchange rate that would be wholly to much for Solarwinds. I've been participating regularly on this site for just over a year now. Basically daily interaction and trying to learn and network and communicate with fellow admins and tech minded people. While I would say I've had high engagement I wouldn't say it's atypical of the other users I see on here. I've accumulated just shy of 80,000 total points. Is one year of my time interacting with the site for a few minutes a day worth $800? Probably not. You spread that out to everyone here? The program would bankrupt almost instantly. 

I like amazon gift cards as much as the next guy, but I don't think this is the system to get them.

Now some smaller limited sweepstakes type interactions? Say 100 or 1000 points to buy in to the raffle, with a limited known number of entries, and the winner of that walking away with a giftcard? Maybe something like $25 or $50? That could be interesting. 

0 Kudos

I am actually against this, as this could potentially cause outsiders to try to create fake accounts to game the system and monetize activity for $

0 Kudos

Nuts.  You're right.

However, if banks & the PCI and Amazon can secure online accounts, couldn't Thwack?  

Naw, it would probably be cost-prohibitive. 

Nuts.  Darned people.

0 Kudos

Looks at my Thwack point total. 

The spree my wife would go on with that much Amazon credit... <shudder>

You let YOUR WIFE see you Thwack point total?  (shakes his head)  You poor soul . . . 

;^)

Those are your points, my friend, to do with as you please.  If it pleases you to let your wife shop with them, then they're points well spent!

0 Kudos
Level 9

Wireless charging pad, battery pack, Google mini, Amazon echo...

All of the above, but how about some shirts in Tall sizes. LT, XLT, XXLT ? There are tall IT folks you know!

I would also like to see a personal license, so I could run it at home for testing and playing.

a SW set of D&D dice would be sweet, just having it as an Option makes me think it might happen.  

Level 13

I'd like to have an option to buy anything outside US, UK or Germany