This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

THWACK Store Product Reviews

I'm creating this post to have a central location for THWACK store merchandise ratings/reviews.  Keep in mind that the merchandise in the THWACK store is in a sense "free" and is an awesome gesture by SolarWinds towards its most dedicated customers (albeit with free advertisement).

That being said, I would like to be sure that the items that I'm using my hard earned THWACK points for is what I'm hoping it will be and perhaps SolarWinds can use the feedback to determine future THWACK Store additions/changes.

Please provide details about the product and if possible personal pictures or videos of the product. Try to give informative information about the products, not just "This shirt sucks".  Maybe more like "I was not satisfied with this shirt as I selected a Large but, it's much smaller than other Larges."

If you think this rating concept is a good idea, I encourage you to vote for

Friendly reminder that the most up to date information on THWACK Store items can be found here: THWACK Store Items & FAQ - Updated March 9, 2017

Tagging some folks that may like this post and/or may want to contribute:

tinmann0715Jfrazierrschroedertallyrichaloniakgsutherland@sharoncu.comdtolemyvcaldwell

• I really like this idea and would strongly support it. I agree if we are going to do this we need to give a good explanation of the items.

• Thanks josh.haberman I appreciate the "Shout Out!"

The reasoning behind my idea was to get feedback on some of the swag ahead of buying it. I see soooo many questions being asked about them. So I figured here's a chance to whittle those down some. Also, some of those Amazon reviews are hilariously written so here's an opportunity to get clever with the write up's.

All in all, Ratings and User Reviews for SolarWinds Swag is a great idea!  :-)

• pastedImage_0.png

The laptop sleeve received a thumbs-up from my daughter.  She likes it.

I have a number of Thwack T-Shirts and Polo Shirts.  All are fine products, comfortable to wear.  Just make sure you get the right size and you'll be pleased, I'm pretty certain.

pastedImage_2.png

As a fan of Chemistry, and as a former professional Chemical Engineer, I recommend against the Lab Flask from the point of view it sets an example that it's OK to drink from real laboratory Erlenmeyer flasks, and that's a major health and safety risk.  Lab flasks in chemistry departments are used to contain or mix acids and bases and compounds that are poisonous to us.  The shape of the SW Lab Flask looks a LOT like an Erlenmeyer flask from a chem lab, and as such it generates a kind of geek/nerd attractiveness.  But IMHO it's a poor example to set.  I wouldn't want anyone ignorant of lab safety procedures to think it's ever acceptable to use lab containers for drinking or eating or cooking food in.  I recommend against it solely for a best safety practices reason, and I'd prefer it were removed from the Thwack Store.

pastedImage_3.png

The Thwack computer backpack is excellent, and I wish the rules allowed getting several instead of just one. I endorse that product, and I'm not surprised it's occasionally out of stock.

Several items are no longer on the Thwack store shelves:

• The hoodie sweater is a great product, and I really like mine.
    • The Nerf guns work well for short-range fun and annoyance.
  • The Thwack Hammock is a winner, according to my daughter, who appropriated it before I ever got to see it.  She uses it in her college dormitory and about campus.

This is not a problem for me--I ordered it for her, so I'm not out a hammock.

;^)

• Got my new Bluetooth speaker on Friday... Had a blast using and playing with it over the weekend. Love it!!!

• fridge.jpg  fridgeopen.jpg

Thwack Fridge is great power housed fridge.  Quick to cool and a definite conversation piece.  It is almost exactly the size to place 2 cokes in the top sideways front to back and 4 in the bottom upright in two pairs.

jacket.PNG

The Men's Zip up Jacket is comfortable and stylish.  Great bargain for the points.

jacket2.PNG

The Light ZipUp Hoodie is very comfortable and warm.

bag.PNG

The Thwack Messenger Bag was  while it lasted.  The materials begain to separate quickly.

pack.PNG

The Thwackpack is stylish and even fits a 17in computer.  Well worth the points.

wind.PNG

The Solar Winds Windbreaker is nice but does not breathe even a little.

• bsciencefiction.tv

Thanks for these reviews! Hearing this from our members allows us to know what you like and don't like. emoticons_happy.png

Sweet decked out fridge by the way!

• josh.haberman

Definitely something we are keeping our eye on! I do think having some sort of platform for people to chat about the items is important.