This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SolarWinds Vanishing Dashboard

Hey Guys,

I have been trying to create a maximum privileged Admin user on SolarWinds.

Every time I create said user the Menu options in their 'My Dashboard' disappears, leaving a drop box with no content.

It seems some Menu options vanish from the User settings, Is this something I am configuring wrong when making the account or maybe some problem when I grant this user so many permissions?

This is my first time using the platform

pastedImage_0.png

[User Dashboard View]

pastedImage_1.pngpastedImage_2.png

[Said user accounts default menu settings vs accounts default menu settings on an idea account]

• I'd open a ticket, seems like there was something bugged in that user account creation.  Have you tried just creating a totally new one with a different name?

• I have tried to create the User account multiple times with no avail, but every time has been with the same name/settings and created from the same host account.

I'll try creating it with a different name.

I have the 'Default Menu Bar and Views' options while creating the account but they vanish on creation.

• I just recreated the account but didn't give it any permissions, the dashboard was visible. I then changed the account to Admin, the dashboard stayed visible for a few minutes, then vanished again (maybe down to setting changes taking awhile to take effect). Not sure if coincidence or not.

• I am having the same issue. I have all admin permissions and nothing happens when I click on dashboard. The other Admin does though. I feel like I am missing a click to activate this permission but not sure. My account was created in the past 2 weeks. Any help on this would be great!