This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SolarWinds Gear

I'd like to know if there is an alternative way to acquire Solarwinds Gear? Obtaining the items that are of interest to me using my points at the Thwack Store would take some time for me. Is there a supplier or website that I could go to?

• Hey esmsolarwinds

Unfortunately, our site Terms & Conditions do not permit us to accept any form of currency for items in the thwack store.  They can only be purchased with points earned from participating in the community.  That being said, there are multiple ways to stack your points in a reasonable amount of time.

Monthly Missions - you can find these featured on the homepage.  It's basically a month-long contest that will teach you best practices, tips and tricks, and tons of education about SolarWinds products.  In a monthly mission you can earn up to 3,000 points at a time.  Here is this month's: thwack Monthly Mission - November 2015

Sign up for User Experience‌ sessions.  They love working with customers to show what we're working on behind the scenes and get your feedback.  You can earn up to 2,000 points working with them

We are also always running one-off surveys and discussions which will earn you additional points for participating.  To get the latest on these offers, follow the Announcements‌ page.

Lastly, here are some more links to show other ways to earn points.

thwack Point System - Updated 5/10/2013

thwack Missions

Earning points shouldn't be a daunting task, we try to make it fun and worth your time.  I look forward to sending you a package from the thwack store soon!

• DanielleH,

Thank for providing me with the Monthly Missions information. This is something that will work for me. The User Experience Session I will pursue as well. As you can tell, I am a newbie to the Thwack Community but will be more involved as my company utilizes WPM and SAM in the days ahead and I relay its use to my team. Thanks again.

• Hit the newbie Get Started Button in the upper left of the page the Onboarding mission is worth 1500 points that will give you a quick jump start and walk you through some of the board features

• DanielleH is absolutely correct - I just joined in January - I am almost at 10K - the site is so stimulating ... you can't help but participate ... don't forget to view your profile - you can see what missions you have accomplished and what missions you can do .. or participate .. and get points .. I love this site.. I love the charisma and participation.  I find myself going to SolarWinds every day to see what is new...  I do work for a living.. I don't spend the day on the site .. 5-10 minutes a day ... points will build up before you know it...