This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

So how does one get in touch with the Thwack admin?

So how does one get in touch with the Thwack admin?

• Hi Jeff,

That would be me.  How can I help you?

• Just wanted to comment on the Thwack web site. In my opinion it’s gotten much worse instead of better. I don’t understand all the game stuff that’s taking up most of the home page. You guys don’t sell games, you sell business software. And I’m willing to bet the vast majority of your customers don’t come to the site to learn anything about games or care about any ones score. The fact that I had to post how to get in touch with the site admins should speak volumes about how difficult it is now to navigate.

• By gaming on the home page, are you referring to the leader board?  thwack has had a point system in place for years now.  We've simply expanded that list, added a store, and a few new features to enhance the user experience.  I will assure you we aren't moving into the gaming business nor are we trying to sell you games.  This is simply how we've encouraged the community to keep coming back.  We are very sorry to hear you are not a fan of the gamification on the site.

In terms of communication with the SolarWinds teams, you've come to the right place.  Also, the Library & Support page (tile on top of page) provides all documentation and contact information.  I would highly suggest utilizing the Forums & Spaces navigation (tile on top of page) or the search bar.  If you're having trouble finding something, please let me know.  I'm more than happy to assist.

Also, please feel free to contact me via email (danielle.higgins@solarwinds.com) at any time.

Thank you,

Danielle

• I understand what the purpose is, I just don’t agree with it. The entire point of the site is community assistance with Solarwinds products. I don’t mind that your trying to attract a certain demographics with the games. I do mind that it’s so prominently displayed to the detriment of the useable content. The site has gotten so busy with all the useless crap that it’s difficult to find the help.

• I'm sorry that you find the site less navigable. I would really like to understand what you are finding so prominently displayed. The game mechanics are really limited to the leader board on the front page. Is it the fact that the polls for our bracket battle are showing up in the popular content list?

I appreciate your interaction here and your feedback.

Michael