This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Set-SwisObject Node's category

Hello fellas,

I'm trying to update an existing node's property (Category FROM Orion.Nodes).

the attempt that looked best to me was:

Set-SwisObject $SolarConn -Uri $Z_node -Properties $Category

where $Category is a 1 row hashtable:

Name==category; Value==1

The response is:

Set-SwisObject : Invalid column name 'category'.
At line:1 char:1
+ Set-SwisObject $SolarConn -Uri $Z_node -Properties $Category
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (:) [Set-SwisObject], FaultException`1
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : SwisError,SwisPowerShell.SetSwisObject

Any link towards useful examples would b appreciated.

thanks

• Category is kind of a special case, it actually isn't a column you can set manually from SWIS because it is automatically calculated based on data that exists on other tables.  I always tell everyone to just ignore it because it can't be relied on for very much and you can't really control it, but every few months I see another post pop up on here with people trying to mess with it.  The main visible effect it has is just controlling whether the appstack shows on the node details view or not.

If you do feel the need to mess with it your best bet is to manually edit it in the gui and hunt through the database to try and figure out exactly where it gets derived from to make the changes you want on those tables instead of the nodes table, but thats more work than I was ever willing to put into figuring it out.