This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Sending critical alerts to an email

We are getting all kinds of alerts coming from solarwinds. I would like to only send important critical alerts to an email that would automatically create a helpdesk ticket. How can I do this?

I want only those like disk full, server reboot, service stopped etc.. alerts coming to the helpdesk ticketing system.

Thanks in advance

• That depends on your Help Desk ticketing system. I have integrated both Remedy and Service desk into Solarwinds both products had an email scraper available that would attach to an Outlook Mailbox and create a ticket based on the fields in the email.

Both expected specific fields in a specific format in the body of the email. Almost all of these were using variables available in Solarwinds alerting.

• onteri​ , please review the information at the link below, and follow the links within the page that opens.  Your experience is not unique, and it sounds like you have some adjustments to make to your Solarwinds environment--but only after you and your IS Teams consider:

• what kinds of alerts are available
    • which ones should be enabled
    • which alerts should automatically be sent to your ticketing system
    • who should receive alerts that should not be sent to your ticketing system, based on source device, team responsibilities, criticality, etc.

Remember:  Don't enable all alerts.  Only create or enable actionable alerts, and only send them to the teams who can correct/prevent the problems.

Re: What kind of standard Alerts does everyone set up?