This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SWQL - Duplex Issues

In my environment we are having a lot of issues with media converters being configured incorrectly and cutting some of our circuits to half duplex. Does anyone have a SWQL that will show me all of the interfaces that are set to half duplex?

• I believe there is a report you can run daily that will let you know the syslog messages that complained about duplex mismatches.  You can schedule that to be sent out via email daily.  If not it should be pretty trivial to write one.

Don't have access to an environment at this moment to look up how to do it in SWQL, or if its easily do-able...

• I'm running NPM 12.0.1; didn't find any reports with "duplex" in their titles.

I did find a Thwack thread that described how one user advised another about duplex alerting:  duplex setting in NPM

• Oh, always thought that was a standard report!   Maybe its not.   Should be quite simple to create, just create a report that looks for %CDP-4-DUPLEX_MISMATCH in the syslog and report on whatever fields you want from there.  Not as fancy an the UnDP suggested in the link, but should be simpler!