cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 12

Problems surfing Thwack with Chrome

I am experiencing empty responses (with black Jive icon on the tab) in my Chrome v23 browser. MSIE works fine at the same time and Chrome works fine for all other web sites.

Is Chrome browser not supported on Thwack?

ThwackChromeProblem.jpg

- - -
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
0 Kudos
30 Replies
Level 9

Hello,

I've been using Chrome Version 23.0.1271.95 and haven't had any issue yet. No add-ons, running on Windows 7.

Been wondering thou, does anyone of you use Chrome Canary? If you do, there is definitely going to be a problem.

Regards, Raul

0 Kudos
Level 11

Are you all still having this issue? I would like to know what may cause this.

I have not experienced it personally yet, but one of my buddies has.

0 Kudos

is your buddy still having trouble loading the site?

0 Kudos

We are all good here now.

Thanks

0 Kudos

It worked fine for a long time at the beginning (new Thwack platform). Couple of weeks ago I started to notice the problem occasionally and then the problem escalated for me a couple a days ago. It got better yesterday and today. Maybe it has something to do with the Chrome add-ons and some changes on Thwack? Just guessing.

- - -
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
0 Kudos

Add-ons can definitely be the culprit.  If you can load the site in IE and FF without issue, please let me know.

0 Kudos

At times, when Chrome didn't work, I've been using MSIE without problems.

- - -
0 Kudos

We apologize for the lack of performance you are experiencing.  I can confirm this is not due to any recent changes on thwack.  We are aware of intermittent loading errors and have contacted our platform's support team several times before.  That being said, unless you can reproduce this error time-after-time, we cannot give you a solid answer as to what is happening. 

If you are able to reproduce these errors daily, please reach out to me directly and I will gather some of your browser, OS, a few other bits of information to hopefully gather some answers.

Thank you for your patience and please feel free to reach out to me at anytime.

Danielle

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm experiencing similar issues using Chrome v23 as Tomas and only with Thwack.  The page load never completes (wheel on tab keeps spinning and pointer includes hour glass as you move around a page) and have to cancel page (X) at times to be able to view the dropdown lists for each forum space shown in Thwack banner area (No spaces found error). The forum spaces in the banner area also show as incomplete like in screenshot below.

Chrome v23 problem.PNG

0 Kudos

rgward - have you tried loading the site in Chrome Incognito?  Let me know your results.

Thanks,

Danielle

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Danielle, no change going incognito. Same results as previously reported.

0 Kudos

Can you please directly email me (danielle.higgins@solarwinds.com) with screenshots of your browser in full mode and in incognito?  Also, please send me your Chrome version, OS, and any add-ons you may have.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm working now.  Turned out to be my Kaspersky anti-virus software.  I added *.solarwinds.com as a trusted site and pages load just fine.

0 Kudos

Danielle just for the record I have no add-ons and I've been seeing this sporadically.

0 Kudos

When you see the site not loading as it should, please take screenshots and send them directly to my email: danielle.higgins@solarwinds.com

Along with screenshots, please provide your OS, browser version, and add-ons (if you have any).

Thanks,

Danielle

0 Kudos

FYI I have no add-ons and it just happened again.  I have exclusively used chrome and never saw this problem until Wednesday.

0 Kudos

I didn't have this happen at all yesterday but on Wednesday it happened several times throughout the day.

0 Kudos
Level 15

I always use Chrome to browse thwack and in fact I'm posting right now from Chrome.  That being said I did get this exact symptom earlier this morning using chrome but it since has passed for me.

0 Kudos

I cannot say it's happening all the time to me, but often enough (including just now) to be unusable. It worsen to become noticeable a couple of weeks ago.

- - -
0 Kudos

I have actually had it happen probably about 10 times today.  had never seen it before this morning. 

0 Kudos