This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Mass update SAM Agents Resources

Question to all my fellow Solarwinds Admins. Is there a way to mass add select hard drives to the Node's monitored resources; like in the image below where i'm doing it for a signal node?

pastedImage_0.png

• You can set up a discovery, check the box on the second screen where it asks if it should update agents.  The only limitation right now is you'd have to add all fixed disks, discovery doesn't allow you to do things like "only add c or d drivers but ignore any others"

• Thanks for the info, i had tried this but didn't check the agent updates box. After running this though I was only able to discover about 700 agents and get the drives added when we have almost 4000. I reran the discovery and it found maybe 100 more. Do you know why its not discovering the rest of my agents?

• Not sure, i personally avoid the agents wherever possible because I feel like they just give me a lot of extra headaches that aren't worth the few benefits.  I know that in a traditional discovery I always found I had better luck trying to keep it so I got less than 1000 devices at a time responding because I have had occasional problems in the past with importing the results from larger discoveries.  Also, did you specify which polling engine the discovery is running from?  I'd assume with 4,000 agents out there they would be spread across a couple different pollers.

• You're a genius, i keep missing the small stuff. Changed the poller and its identifying the others.

I also agree that Agents are a terrible headache but i need it for way WMI works vs Agent-less.Thanks for your help!