This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Licensing in solarwinds

Hi Folks,

I have a doubt on the solarwinds Licensing part for in eg if we purchased a NAM license of 1000 nodes but there many modules comes in a package but if we are using a few for eg NPM,NCM , NTA only then other modules will get unused in that case how is this being managed by solarwinds. Also through some light on ACM licenses and its calculation . How it is different from NAM licenses?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Samiksha

• Hi,

So the NAM License is a bundle product, so as part of your 1000 Node License cost, it entitles you to download and activate NPM, NCM, NTA, IPAM, UDT, VNQM & HA. It also allows a limited number of free APE's (I think it's 20 but don't quote me). At the point of SolarWinds installation if you only require NPM, NCM and NTA then you wouldn't install the modules you don't want, it's up to you, but it might be considered a wasted resource. You would need to check prices versus the correctly sized license for each of those modules individually. SolarWinds won't reduce the cost of your NAM License because you're not using certain parts of the bundle. You can find more here: Network Automation Manager - SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. Help and Support or speak to your local SolarWinds Sales Rep.

I don't know that much about ACM, from what I can understand it combines SAM & WPM, which is an effective way to add to your NAM Environment. It again is Node based licensing rather than the traditional SAM Component license.

Best bet is to approach your Sales rep for more strict guidelines.