This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Is there a way to have new discussions in spaces I am following e-mailed to me?

I'm not always logged in to Thwack and sometimes I'm late to the discussion or if I do have an answer, the question remains unanswered sometime for weeks, but if I knew people were asking questions, I could check, see if I know the answer and then login to post without it being a week later.

• Any discussion you create should automatically email you responses to your thread.  Do you have your preferences configured to allow thwack to send you emails?  If not, I can guide you through this process. 

• Just to clarify - you are talking about discussions you've created, correct?  If not, and you are referring to various threads that you are just interested in, you can choose to receive email notifications under the actions menu on the specific thread you are interested in following:

actions menu.png

• I was interested in following an entire space and not just specific threads. People ask questions intermittently and sometimes wait for a response, it’s not a very active space so I wanted to keep tabs on it. I don’t always have the answers, but I do try to be helpful.

• Ok, cool - the instructions above still apply.  To receive email notifications for an entire space, navigate to the space you're interested in > click on receive email notifications which is located under the Actions menu on the right of your screen.

For instance:

follow.png

You'll see it says stop receiving notifications on my screen because I have already set up to receive notifications from this space.  Good information to know if you want to stop receiving email notifications at some point.

Danielle

• Thanks Danielle! That should help keep me involved. I can’t always load up the site and spend time looking around, but I can take a quick glance at an e-mail and respond when I have time Relaxed

• That's wonderful that you're staying engaged with the community.  Glad to help!