cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 13

How did you first hear about thwack?

Hi SolarWinds users,

in the User Experience group, we're trying to learn about how users first encounter thwack.  Do you remember where you were and what you were trying to do when you first accessed thwack?  Did you first learn about it from an SE?  From the notification bar within a product?  From any other place within a product? From an email?  Other?   We'd love to know!

Thanks in advance!

12 Replies
Level 9

I was going through the "Training" links in Orion at our company in anticipation of getting an interview for a new position on the network team. I signed up, read some .pdf s, and  got the Job. 

0 Kudos

All right ab8pumarv!  Are you new to networking,or  new to SolarWinds?  Congrats on your new position!

0 Kudos

New to solarwinds. Ive been a geek since 1994. Well, maybe longer than that, but a tech geek since then.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

0 Kudos

My manager recommended I check it out now that our company is implementing the solution...

0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth!  Are you a new SolarWinds user?--If so, let me know.  We love talking to new users about yyour initial experiences with anything SolarWinds--products, thwack. dotcom website, etc.

Welcome!

0 Kudos

I am new to SolarWinds... In fact, I'm so new I haven't even seen it yet, but we have it here, running, and my manager (Mike Henry, VP Operations) told me I should join Thwak so I can be cool like the other SolarWinds users...

You are PERFECT for something we call first-use studies, where we literally follow along as people use a product for the first time.  Can you email me offline so we can talk more about what product(s) you're evaluating/purchasing/will be using?  You can contact me at kellie.mecham@solarwinds.com directly for us to continue the discussion.

Welcome to the SolarWinds family, Kenneth!

-Kellie

0 Kudos
Level 12

Joined in October 2010. I've slept many times since then; but I seem to recall we had an ancient version of Engineer's Toolset (v4 springs to mind!) and I was asked to look into updating it. Obvious place to do research was the SolarWinds website. Ended up suggesting (and the company agreeing) we switch to the Orion products. Probably somewhere in the midst of all that I spotted the thwack link on the website and ended up joining given I was going to be supporting the SolarWinds tools.

0 Kudos
Level 15

Member since 2007.  I believe I joined after hearing about it talking to support

0 Kudos
Level 12

I first leaned about thwack when I was in the "training" phase of my current job.  I was told to watch Geek Speak videos and browse thwack while my accounts and stuff were set up.  This was in a shop that was already making heavy use of Solarwinds.

0 Kudos
Level 14

Hmm, since my first experience with Orion was an already installed but terribly set up instance of 9, I first saw the links to thwack in the console.  It was an invaluable resource once I started exploring.  I hope that answers the question.

0 Kudos

All answers are helpful--glad you remember where it was!

0 Kudos