Create Post
Community Manager
Community Manager

How are you currently using NetPath?

Loading question...
0 Kudos
17 Replies
Level 13

Sometimes we use Netpath to show that a slowness is likely server or application based, not the network path between a user and a server.

We also use it to keep track of connections to Microsoft (O365, Skype, Teams), and a few other SAAS.

Outlook_Netpath.JPG

Note: We were able to find the cause of the red-marked area, and correct the issue fairly quickly.

0 Kudos
Level 20

Can't show my netpaths but I do love it... sometimes I load client on workstations and use it help troubleshoot client access problems using it as netpath source.

Bill

0 Kudos

We started with "any Windows PC" but soon found that discarded laptops were unstable things that you really need a user in front of all the time, to press OK & turn it off and on. We've gone for virtual WS2016 servers around the globe. They are dedicated to running NetPath traces and WPM transactions. We've got a bunch of them and we check paths and user experience from many sources to many targets. It's such an eye-opener. 

0 Kudos

NetPath provides the information that allows us to hold the intermediate ISP's or WAN providers' feet to the fire for poor performance / oversubscription.  We can show them exactly what hops suddenly have 1000% latency increases during the business day, when those performance delays begin, when they end, etc.  There's no dodging the NetPath bullet--we use it to show why baseline performances change.

It's also ridiculously easy and helpful to show the status of O365 resources and latency to get to them.

And it's a sweet tool for Before/After displays of performance changes when we fail over to alternate WAN paths, or upgrade from one service provider to another, or from one technology to a different one.

NetPath simply rocks as a historical and real time tool for showing path changes, remote resource availability, and latency--all in one graph.  It's truly the picture that says a thousand words about network performance.

0 Kudos
Level 12

I was curious enough to look at Faceook and found 166 intermediate nodes! I can only screenshot a tiny portion of the graph, even zoomed out as far as Netpath will go.

brianj_0-1590626344213.png

0 Kudos

Abu Dhabi to 0365 NetPathAbu Dhabi to 0365 NetPath

0 Kudos
Level 11

We have redundant VPN tunnels to a cloud service for DB traffic. we are currently using NetPath for a visual representation as to what router is being currently used when the tunnel goes down.

0 Kudos
Level 9

We leverage NetPath to monitor some of the Clinical Cloud Services we leverage for registration. We used to get complaints of slowness of the application/website, so we started monitoring it with NetPath and was able to show them whoever they are hosting with has performance issues.

0 Kudos

I have used NetPath with clients. It can really save your bacon.

I had a customer that could not connect to their cloud service and the provider told them that it was their network as no other users were experiencing. When I checked NetPath I found that on Friday they connected to the provider via a single router connection. On Saturday they added a redundant connection and the one path was responding, but he new one was not. When the customer shared that with the provider they sheepishly said "Oh, yes, we did make that change on Saturday and will have to have an update applied."

Without NetPath this would have been a long fruitless battle.

0 Kudos
Level 8

netpath.png

0 Kudos

2020_05_27_10_53_49_Messaging_Microsoft_Office_365_Skype_for_Business_Edge_from_SORLH57_May_27_.png

0 Kudos
Level 12

Dido, mine are single line.

0 Kudos
Level 10

One of our payment processors, which is currently on it's backup path 🙂

0 Kudos
Level 10

We are using it currently to monitor our hosted virtual desktop platform.

poekbradley_0-1590582091216.png

Level 7

NP.JPG

Level 11

We're currently using it to keep an eye on MS Teams, as it went slow during the first couple of weeks of self-isolation.

netpath.png

LOL most of our are straight lines compared to the ones posted already.

0 Kudos