This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Device login in NPM

I have one device that is connected using my windows credential, is there an easy way to locate it without going through each device?

• There's a perfect Report in NPM that will generate this information for you.

It's called "Login information for each Device."  Got to NPM > Reports > All Reports.  Then type "User" in the upright right search field and hit enter.  One of the reports listed will be called "Login information for each Device."

Run it, then sort by Username, or scroll through the user names looking for the one using your credentials.

You can even export it to PDF or CSV and search for it with Acrobat or Excel.

pastedImage_0.png

Swift Packets!

Rick Schroeder

• The report comes returns no entries.

Very strange that I have this result when I have all of my devices using SNMP connections

With best regards,

Jeff Craig

Siemens

GS IT PG DG AGT

105 N Sandusky ST.

Mount Vernon, OH 43050, USA

Tel.: +1 740 914-1990

mailto:jeffrey.craig@siemens.com

This message and any attachments are solely for the use of intended recipients. The information contained herein may include trade secrets, protected health or personal information, privileged or otherwise confidential information. Unauthorized review, forwarding, printing, copying, distributing, or using such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you received this email in error, and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this email and any attachment is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender and delete the message and any attachment from your system. Thank you for your cooperation.

attachments.zip
  • I'm surprised.  Let's verify no assumptions are being made on my part.

1.  You went to Reports and clicked on All Reports, right?

pastedImage_0.png

2.  You found the "Search" window and typed "Login" into it, and then clicked the magnifying glass?

pastedImage_1.png

3. When you clicked the Magnifying glass you had several reports show up, one of which is "Login information for each Device", right?

pastedImage_2.png

What versions of NPM and NCM are you using?

• We are using the latest patched versions of the NPM and NCM.

With best regards,

Jeff Craig

Siemens

GS IT PG DG AGT

105 N Sandusky ST.

Mount Vernon, OH 43050, USA

Tel.: +1 740 914-1990

mailto:jeffrey.craig@siemens.com

This message and any attachments are solely for the use of intended recipients. The information contained herein may include trade secrets, protected health or personal information, privileged or otherwise confidential information. Unauthorized review, forwarding, printing, copying, distributing, or using such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you received this email in error, and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this email and any attachment is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender and delete the message and any attachment from your system. Thank you for your cooperation.