cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

Database corruption

Hello Community

I have a bit of issue with my database and my last backup is corrupt so I can't connect solarwinds to the database anymore.

Right now I want to export tables from the old database into a new one but I don't know which tables to export

Need help in identifying which tables are important, tables that would give me a close replica of my previous environment
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Thats a painful way to do it, it should be fairly obvious that all the tables in orion do something. Might be easier to run dbcc check and figure out which tables contain the errors and truncate those rather than exporting selected tables across and trying to patch up all the things that inevitably go wrong.

To give you a frame of reference, when I was consulting we typically planned on it taking about a week to rebuild someone's environment on a fresh database and that was with the benefit of our employees being pretty intimately familiar with the Orion database and having a good collection of pre built scripts ahead of time to streamline the process.

Smaller, less custom, environments could go faster but it really depends.
- Marc Netterfield, Github
0 Kudos