This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Cisco Nexus 9000 Series NX-OS IP SLA ICMP ECHO NVQM setup.

Recently tried to setup an IP SLA ICMP ECHO operation on our NX-OS 9k through solarwinds NVQM GUI. Had some trouble at first, but I finally have figured it out.

versions I was working with,

VNQM: 4.5.0

NPM: 12.3

NTA 4.4.0

steps to configure

Settings > All settings > product specific settings > VoIP & Quality Settings > manually Add nodes to VoIP and Network Quality Manager > Select nodes you wish to add > you will most likely have a status of SNMP write credentials are not available or valid. Select EDIT CREDENTIALS at the top left and select the SNMP version, port, community string, and read/write community string. Hit the test button to see if credentials are correct. > hit add selected nodes when done. Rest of config will have to be done inside the CLI of the device itself.

Go into config mode on the device and make sure you have enabled the command "feature sla sender." Next I created a simple ICMP ECHO with the following commands. "ip sla 4, " "icmp-echo <destination ip> <source ip>,"  "frequency 60,"  "request-data-size 64," "timeout 10000," "verifiy-data." you can add more options if you wish by following this document: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus9000/sw/7-x/ip_sla/configuration/guide/b_Cisco_Nexus_9000_Series_NX-OS_IP_SLAs_Configuration_Guide_7x/b_Cisco_Nexus_9000_Series_NX-OS_IP_SLAs_Configuration_Guide_7x_chapter_01010.html

Scheduled the IP SLA to run forever with the command " ip sla schedule 4 life forever start-time now."

Next go back VNQM. Settings > All settings > VoIP * Quality Settings > Add new operations > monitor existing operations > automatically discover existing operations > select node > Credentials issues page (ignore), select node, and hit continue. should see an operation on your device that you configured. > select device and hit monitor operations.

so in short, looks like for the nexus 9000 series you have to manually configure the IP SLA on the device itself and then scan the device using the monitor existing operations. No idea if you have to do this for other operations or just ICMP ECHO. Let me know if this helps, or if you achieved this a different way.