cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

Applications % availability Report Needed

Dear Valuable Community,

I have created an applications percentage availability report.

1) For this I have selected five applications monitors on which I want to make the report.

2) The duration of the report is last month.

3) I have chosen "Application Status History/Percent Availability" resource to show in the output

4) In data aggregation I have selected "Average"

5) The report is giving me percentage availability of five application monitor INDIVIDUALLY as per attached snapshot (Giving me five values).

I need one value of percentage availability (cumulative) for these five application monitors i.e sum of five values / count

100.00% + 99.89% + 100.00% + 100.00% + 99.95% / 5

499.84% / 5

99.97%

I want 99.97% number generated by the web based report and not by my manual calculation.

Your valuable comments for providing me a solution would be highly appreciated.

Kind Thanks

Ahmad

0 Kudos
11 Replies
MVP
MVP

Stick them all in a group and do a group availability section in your report for the five application monitors.

0 Kudos

Hi Acmtix,

Can you please inform Orion uses which logic/formula to calculate group availability.

0 Kudos

Its just percentage uptime for each node or application and it even has a default Group Members Availability Chart for the group.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos

I had 6 servers in this group and 2 of them were down... 33% down / 66% up. Simple.

0 Kudos

I have created a % availability report based on group, component & application availability as suggested for last month and bellow is the findings.

pastedImage_3.png

1: Group % availability is 99.01%

2: Components total % availability is 99.41% + 99.34%/2   =   198.75%/2   =   99.38%

3: Application % availability is 99.25%

Can you please shed light why I am getting three different values for the same component monitors.

I believe you will also get different availability values when you will generated a report based on 6 nodes and group.

0 Kudos

There are quite a few out of the box reports to show availability of groups. I would start by using one of those group availability reports for a period of time and then reverse engineer. You should be able to determine why you are seeing that percentage if you do that.

0 Kudos

Hi Acmtix,

I have put the applications in a group and group availability is 100% as per bellow report.

pastedImage_0.png

When I open the group as bellow, it shows it was in warning state many times, which means some of group members were down at that time. But still the report is giving me 100% availability as per above snapshot of report.

pastedImage_1.png

Kind Thanks

Ahmad

0 Kudos

Hi it looks like warning is still being classed as up. So you may wish to change your group settings to display the worst status for the group. That would report as down on your report then without editing your report to show warning as down.

0 Kudos

I selected worst status of group and group availability is now showing 96.38%. But when I calculate applications availability using the formula mentioned in my earlier posts it gives me 99.26%.

((Stuck some where in the desert))

0 Kudos

Hi @4ahmadali 

Did you get a solution to your query? I am looking for the same solution.

0 Kudos

Unfortunately not. 

0 Kudos