cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

Large amount of temp files

Hello all,

I couldn't find anything specific about this on the forums so I'm hoping someone has come across this.

The windows TEMP folder is continually filling with folders containing 3 files with what I believe are powershell files (.ps1xml, .psd1, .psm1)  Windows doesn't seem to purge them, so I'm forced to manually remove them a few times a week.  This is only occurring on my SolarWinds server.  I don't have any custom scripts running on the server.  We believe it has something to do with recent O365 implementation. 

Has anyone seen anything like this?  I've attached screen grabs of the folders that are created and the files contained within.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Hi zparks77​,

Did you manage to resolve this issue and locate the cause?

If this is still outstanding, I would suspect that these files are being created when some scripts or shell commands are running... Do you have any set up within any of your SolarWinds software?

-Midnight

0 Kudos

We ended up just running a script to delete files after 3 days. We're in the process of migrating to a new SolarWinds server, so spending the cycles looking for the cause was effort better spent on migrating.

0 Kudos

If it's still an issue after the migration you know where we all are.

0 Kudos