cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post

Another COVID-19 Casualty - My Job!

Well, folks, got "the call" this morning that, because of multiple "Black Swan" events to hit the Oil & Gas industry and effective immediately, I was terminated from my company this morning.  So, what does that mean for me?  Well, certainly a different morning than I was expecting for sure but I'm going to persevere and come out on top!

I wanted to let everyone know because I feel like this is a good place and that folks really do care.  I don't plan on leaving THWACK - ya'll been too good to me for me to do that - so I'll still be harassing everyone with earworms and snide comments and the like. 😉

Also, I will keep everyone updated on what's going on.  I figure with COVID-19 and all, the job market is probably tough right now but I know something will come up soon.

Anyway, as the song goes, "Don't cry for me, Argentina"...I truly believe that when God closes a door, He opens a window.  Now, if I could just find the light switch so I could see the darned window!  HAHAHA!

Keep being safe, THWACKsters.  We all will get through this!

8 Replies

Great attitude!  This will pass.

0 Kudos
Level 14

Sorry to hear this..... if any of us can help... I am sure we will be glad to.

0 Kudos
Level 13

So sorry to hear that. I know you will land on your feet, and I love your attitude about your situation. It is inspiring! Good luck to you on your new job search

Chrystal Taylor | Head Geek
0 Kudos
Level 9

I'm terribly sorry to hear that, I hope that a new opportunity to grow will present itself to you soon. Glad to hear you won't be leaving us Thwacksters. 😀

0 Kudos
Level 11

I was saddened to hear this. Yesterday was a rough day and lots of folks were hit hard. I was glad to get to know you over the last 7 years and I hope to stay in touch. Keep your chin up and I'll be praying for you and all those who were terminated. Take care and if you ever need anything or someone to bug, hit me up.

0 Kudos
Level 12

Hard times at the moment, but wishing you all the best.

0 Kudos
Level 16

Sorry to hear about your job loss but as you said God will open another door that will be even more fruitful than the previous one God bless and stay faithful as God always provides.

0 Kudos

Really sorry to hear that - Your attitude is spot on though, with things the way they are at the moment lots of industries are getting hit, but once the world regains momentum there will be a place for us nerds to keep the lights on ;).

Keep your ears to the ground, I know it's unexpected but there are still companies recruiting!

Wish you the best of luck and glad your going to stick around 😉

- David Smith