cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

Additional Web Server load balancing with Citrix Netscaler

Greetings & Salutations my fellow Thwackians...

1) Has anyone been able to create a pool of "Additional Web Servers" sitting behind a Citrix Netscaler is success?

2) If you have, what Citrix Netscaler Node Response did you poll the "Additional Web Servers" with to see if they are still functioning properly (not just OS up and running, but serving up SW web pages)?

3) We have enabled the Out of Box Additional Web Server SAM template, which is successfully monitoring in SW.

4) We have been successfully been able to write a GET request

https://server:17778/SolarWinds/InformationService/v3/Json/Query?query="SELECT Case when (SELECT EntityUri FROM Orion.AlertSuppression WHERE EntityUri = AA.Uri) = Uri  OR StatusDescription != 'Up' THEN 'Down' ELSE 'Up' END AS Status FROM Orion.APM.Application AS AA WHERE ApplicationID = 2"

- With the above mentioned GET request, we are able to get this to work in Postman with basic authentication. However we are not able to add credentials into Citrix Netscaler for it to work.

- We tried adding "&accountid=username&password=password" at the end of the query with NO success in Postman or Citrix Netscaler.

Please see the full design below. Thank you in advance for your time. Happy Thwacking 🙂

jkokozian_0-1604524386986.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
MVP
MVP

I'm not familiar with Citrix Netscalers but I had a client have issues with GET requests from another system because the other system was rejecting the self-signed certificate that is used by the SolarWinds API. If the Netscaler is rejecting the query because of the cert, it might be the cause...

The client used the steps mentioned by @tdanner in this thread to modify the certificate used by the Information Services:

https://thwack.solarwinds.com/t5/NPM-Discussions/Change-SolarWinds-Information-Services-SSL-Certific...

This thread is 7 years old and there was a post a couple of years ago saying it still applies. I have no idea if there is an easier way to doing it in new versions.

There might also be a easier alternative way of verifying if the AWS sites are running. Will be following this as I'm curious how others have done this.

0 Kudos