cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

Spreadin' the word

1.What was life like before using SolarWinds? (Include what you were using and why you decided it was time for a change)

We were using the built-in features of VMware vCenter.  This worked ok for some basic troubleshooting, but we wanted to be more proactive with our environment rather than reactive.

2.Which SolarWinds product(s) saved your bacon?

We are using the SolarWinds Virtualization Manager.

3.Did you consider other options, and why did you choose SolarWinds?

We did demo two other options (we actually had looked at Hyper9 before it became a SolarWinds product prior to our second go-round) and ultimately chose SolarWinds for a number of reasons.  The layout of the interface is very clean, there's a huge amount of options, graphing and pinpointing where the issue may lie was very easy, it came in an appliance form.  The only thing I'm waiting for, though, is Role Based Access Control.  I'd like to provide some of our users with access, but I don't want them to see all dashboards.  This was almost a deal breaker when it came down to the decision.

4.How has life been since you've rolled out SolarWinds in your environment?

So far, so good.  We have some alerts configured (both reactive and proactive) and the product has allowed us to keep more on top of things.  We are at nearly 500 vms now in our environment and without a product like this it could be a very painful task of troubleshooting or keeping on top of potential issues before they happen.

0 Kudos
0 Replies