This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Samanage Mass Update by pulling device name

We use samanage for inventory and asset management.  We also use bomgar for remote support to the assets.  I was wondering if it's possible to pull the name of the PC to a text field.  For example our remote support links are all bomgar.ourwebsite.com/PCNAME.  I'm currently having to go through one at a time, and we have over 800 PCs, and insert that line manually into our Remote Support asset attribute and it's taking forever.   Didn't know if there was some sort of way of doing this but figured I'd ask and see if anyone else has attempted this.

thanks in advance!

• Hi daniel.fields​,

Thank you for your query!
    This can definitely be automated by using our API, you can then pull a unique identifier (like the Serial number) and the Computer name. These variables can then be used to create the bomgar.ourwebsite.com/ComputerName variable and push this to a custom field in SolarWinds Service Desk.

We have a similar example for updating the Hardware owner for computers, here. You can use this example as a starting point or contact your SolarWinds Service Desk Account Manager if you are in need of further assistance with this.

Hope this helped!
    __

Ramon Geertjens

Sales Engineer

SolarWinds Service Desk