cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
m_hutton
Level 7

Solar-Putty window size on opening

Hi - is there anyway of changing the default window size when opening a session in SolarPutty? I have played around with the putty.exe settings (columns/rows) and the window size is affected for Putty directly but then when opening SolarPutty the window is always extending past the taskbar at the bottom and at the top of the screen, seemingly ignoring any settings from the Putty session. To resize the screen I have to pull in the sides of the display and then I can resize it. Prob a simple setting somewhere in SolarPutty to retain the settings on open or exit?  Thanks 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
tllewell55
Level 8

Re: Solar-Putty window size on opening

This is a fairly irritating UI. Clicking in the window does not bring it to the foreground. Clicking the window frame is required to bring it to the foreground, and then the window loses the cursor focus. Way too many mouse actions for a CLI-based tool.
And what is up with the opening window size? It's like it's designed to exceed the size any screen it appears on.

It's nice to have a list of sessions used, but that is all this tool offers, and with the problems I'm wondering how long I will keep using it.

0 Kudos
ivodlouhy
Level 10

We have identified that Solar-PuTTY default windows size is set up incorrectly (exceeding screen size) for some Windows configuration and scale >100% in display settings. We will check if this can be improved in future.

0 Kudos
richard.john
Level 9

There has been released a new version of Solar-PuTTY recently. Try it and let us know if your problem has been fixed or not.

Thank you.

Richard

0 Kudos
tllewell55
Level 8

Richard,

Yes, that does fix the window sizing issue.

Thanks,

Ted

llagos
Level 8

Installed latest version yesterday 3.0.1.1197... played with it today.. problem still there...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
solaruser5
Level 7

Yes, I can confirm this problem is fixed on version 3.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
cloudbaby
Level 7

I am also having this issue. Running latest Windows 10 Pro 1903.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
cloudbaby
Level 7

Any help? It's the best tabbed app for Putty.

0 Kudos