cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 10

Web Client Pro broken with with latest Java (Version 8 Update 211)

Serv-U Web Client Pro does not load with the latest Java Runtime installed. Serv-U Version 15.1.6.84 (on Server 2012 R2). Java Version 8 Update 211

Tested on Windows 7 and Windows 10 and both have the issue in two locations.

bshopp​ Do you know when Solarwinds will fix this? Users cant upload using Web Client Pro.

Unsure if FTP Voyager JV is affected as this stage - maybe you could confirm?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
18 Replies
Level 10

Hi @ivodlouhy and @bshopp - is this entirely resolved in v15.2.1 now? I note the following in the release notes..

"Web Client Pro and FTP Voyager java client load correctly."

But i wanted to check if there are any exceptions or issues still to be resolved with it?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Hello!

We have Serv-U MFT 15.2.1.446 and the Web client pro works exclusively in the control console.

It doesn't work in any browser.

If the management console itself is launched using the default browser, Web Client Pro stops working.

The problem with "WEB Сlient PRO" is solved!
I have installed Windows x86 Offline jre-8u261-windows-i586.exe

WEB-CLIENT PRO Serv-U is now WORKING !!!

Must work under Internet Explorer ONLY
In the Configure Java General - Settings - Keep temporary files ... DISABLE the checkbox

jre-8u271-windows-i586.exe

https://www.oracle.com/java/technologies/javase-jre8-downloads.html

0 Kudos
Product Manager
Product Manager

We have identified workaround, if you disable option "Keep temporary files on my computer" in Java Control Panel / General / Temporary Internet Files / Settings then FTP Voyager JV and Web Client Pro should work correctly again.

We continue on investigation how to avoid this post Java Version 8 Update 211 issue fully without workaround needed.

The problem with "WEB Сlient PRO" is solved!
In Windows 10 x64, you must install Java for the x86 platform.
I have installed Windows x86 Offline jre-8u261-windows-i586.exe

WEB-CLIENT PRO Serv-U is now WORKING !!!

Must work under browser Internet Explorer ONLY
In the Configure Java General - Settings - Keep temporary files ... DISABLE the checkbox

0 Kudos

HI ivodlouhy, Its been more than a year, web-client pro is still using Java. Do we have any ETA when this webclient pro java dependency is going to end- so that we can at least tell to the end users.

0 Kudos

Java JRE for x86 solves the problem.

0 Kudos

Is there an update on this. Nearly 5 months later and we also are awaiting a permanent fix.

0 Kudos

Thank you!

Been losing the will trying to get this working for a user recently.

0 Kudos

0 Kudos

Thanks, yes that temporary workaround seems to work. Please could you post here when fixed? I'm not sure some end users will have the ability to change those settings due to policies etc.

0 Kudos

Yes I will update it here once we know how/when it will be fixes.

0 Kudos

Any update on this ivodlouhy​? It basically means no one has been able to do multiple file uploads in the Web Client since April if they dont have admin rights to change their Java settings. Thanks.

0 Kudos

I would like to know if you have any fixes for this Java issue, other than the workaround provided?  Thank you.

0 Kudos

Java JRE for x86 solves the problem

0 Kudos
Level 10

This also appears to still be broken in the Serv-U release from 25 April 2019 - 15.1.7.162

0 Kudos

We are actively researching this now to see what change broke it and how we address.  So don't have an answer yet.

0 Kudos

Java JRE for x86 solves the problem

0 Kudos