This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Sev-u multiple domain server

kindly i need help regarding publish serv- u server for multiple domain

now i have one server with name ftp.x.com and people using it through https from inside and outside the orgnization,

now it is required from me to add 2 different domains ftp.y.com and ftp.z.com

i read that i couldn't share the listeners through multiple domain and also the certificate.

so any recommendation to achieve this task  without changing the default port  for https between the 3 domains

• Serv-U handles multiple domains pretty well.  There is one more piece of information we'd need before answering your question though: whether or not the users and filesystems for all domains should be the same or different.   However, first I'd recommend you get yourself a "UUC SSL Certificate" (a Unified Communications Certificate is an SSL certificate that secures multiple domain names and multiple host names within a domain name) and add all your domain names to it (as Subject Alternate Names). 

#1) Different users/domains:

- Set up two new domains (for a total of three different Serv-U domains)

- Apply your UUC SSL cert in place of your old cert on the original domain and use it for your two new domains too

- Set up an HTTPS listener on one of three different IPs (or different ports) in each of the three different domains

- Optional: if you set up listeners on different ports, use routing/firewall rules to expose them as three different IPs listening on port 443 (HTTPS)

- Publish all three hostnames in your domain name service and point them to their three respective Serv-U IP addresses

#2) Same users/domains:

- Keep using your original domain

- Apply your UUC SSL cert in place of your old cert

- Publish all three hostnames in your domain name service and point them all at a single Serv-U IP address

"Are you a Certified File Transfer Professional (CFTP) yet?"

• Are there any other ways to implement the Multiple SFTP domains without a UCC SSL?

We have an existing SFTP domain and running with a UCC SSL. We are now have created another SFTP and have a purchased provisioned individual SSL certificate for this.

Upon implementing the SSL certificates for both, it is still using the 1st SFTP domain SSL certificate for port 443 and we it shows that the 2nd domain is not secured.

I do not want also to setup a domain with a port shown in the end (example.com:4443)

Other options that I am seeing is that to implement it in IIS but still figuring out. If you have guide, kindly share.

Thank you!