Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

Setting up Serv-U with SSH

Jump to solution

Hi there,

i set up an SSH connection with Serv-U (with key pairs) and everything works fine,

my question is, do i need to set an SSH private key at the domain settings too ? or the key pairs is enough (setting public key at the user settings, and the keys at the client  software) ?

Thanks

Tags (5)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

The domain should have an SSH SERVER key set up on (Domain) | Limits & Settings | Encryption Settings under "SSH Private Key (for SFTP)".  That's used to accept incoming SSH/SFTP connections on your SFTP listeners, and you will keep both your password-protected private key file and your public key file on the Serv-U server. 

Each user can have his or her own SSH CLIENT key.  In this case, you should only have the public key file for each use on your Serv-U server; the private keys need to stay on each SFTP client. 

Does that make sense?

Related KB articles:

Configuring Serv-U For SFTP Access

Public Key Authentication in Serv-U

Converting OpenSSH and PuTTY Style Keys

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply

The domain should have an SSH SERVER key set up on (Domain) | Limits & Settings | Encryption Settings under "SSH Private Key (for SFTP)".  That's used to accept incoming SSH/SFTP connections on your SFTP listeners, and you will keep both your password-protected private key file and your public key file on the Serv-U server. 

Each user can have his or her own SSH CLIENT key.  In this case, you should only have the public key file for each use on your Serv-U server; the private keys need to stay on each SFTP client. 

Does that make sense?

Related KB articles:

Configuring Serv-U For SFTP Access

Public Key Authentication in Serv-U

Converting OpenSSH and PuTTY Style Keys

View solution in original post

0 Kudos