cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

SSH key pairs not working with Serv-U

I cannot get  any DSA 2048 SSH keys that are password protected to work with Serv-U FTP server, FTP Voyager (client) and CuteFTP (client).

Here's what I've tried so far:

• Created non-password protected keys with FTP Voyager. They work with both clients.
  • Created password protected keys with FTP Voyager. They don't work with either client.
  • Created password protected keys with CuteFTP. They don't work with either client.
  • Created non-password protected keys with CuteFTP. They don't work with either client.
  • Created password protected keys with Putty. They work with FTP Voyager. CuteFTP keeps asking for the password even though the correct password is already specified in the CuteFTP settings. I just keep getting the same prompt each time I enter the correct password.

What else can I try and what's causing this issue?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Product Manager
Product Manager

Jeff,

Terribly sorry for the delayed reply.  Are you still having an issue?  If so, I would recommend opening a support ticket so we can take a closer look.

-Craig

0 Kudos

Craig, thanks for the reply.

I never found a solution other than using the password protected certificate that I created with Putty and to stop using the CuteFTP client all together. It is odd that the certs I generated with Voyager, do not work with Voyager.

I guess there's no point in opening a ticket since the Putty cert works with Voyger and FlashFXP.

Thanks, Jeff

0 Kudos