This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

MFT Server triggered events : Powershell parameters which include Parenthesis() doesn't work

Scenario :

when a file is uploaded to a SFTP account  I would like to trigger a "File Uploaded "event and execute command action and use the build-in Servu- $FileName variable to pass the name of a file

and replace a existing string in another File.

I use the following command line parameters

-noprofile -executionpolicy unrestricted -noninteractive -Command  cat c:\testing\static.txt |%{$_-replace "random",$FileName} > C:\testing\define.txt

The above command works perfectly if i run it directly in PowerShell, but not in Serv-U

The contents of static.txt is :

$client = "random"

So If the filename of the file which is uploaded is  tony.pdf,  then the contents of define.txt should be

$client = "tony.pdf"

Unfortunately  I'm getting this :

$client =  ""

I've tried pasting the command  and parameters in a PowerShell script and then running the script in serv-u however it doesn't work it loses the variable

I think the issue has to do with special characters or parenthesis in Servu, because I've tested the following command and it works:

Command echo "$FileName" >> c:\testing\input.txt

Please help

Tony