cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Community Manager
Community Manager

Phoenix 2020 SWUG Discussion Board

Welcome to the Phoenix 2020 SolarWinds User Group (SWUG) discussion board!  This is a great way to interface with us and other attendees as we ramp up for the event on February 5-6, 2020.

What's the purpose of this discussion board?  Well, it's a place to ask those questions you have about the first SWUG of 2020.

I'll start by answering a few common questions:

My short answers above can in no way cover all of your possible questions, right?  That's precisely why we've setup this discussion board.  Ask us anything - we'll be happy to provide answers.

If you got a notification on Monday, February 3 about the SWUG being "tomorrow," don't panic! (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

Sorry, but we got so excited about the first SWUG of 2020 that the message went out a day early.  Breakfast and registration is opening at 7:30 AM local time on Wednesday, February 5 as regularly planned.

Message was edited by: Kevin M. Sparenberg

"Shoot for the stars to reach the moon"
Tags (1)
27 Replies
Level 11

Just wanted give a big THANK YOU to everyone from SolarWinds for another wonderful SWUG.  I've been to all three SWUGs in Phoenix and this was the best one.  Absolutely loved the new format with all the breakout sessions.  Can't wait til the next one.  Hopefully it won't be another 2 years.

pastedImage_0.png

Level 12

I am not seeing Serena's "Expanding Your IT Toolkit" in the downloads either listed separately or in the "Download All Presentations" zip.  Was that renamed to something else or just not included for some reason?

0 Kudos

https://thwack.solarwinds.com/people/Mike%20Lomax  wrote:

I am not seeing Serena's "Expanding Your IT Toolkit" in the downloads either listed separately or in the "Download All Presentations" zip.  Was that renamed to something else or just not included for some reason?

Hi Mike! Do you mean my API monitoring deck? If that's what you're looking for it would be the API Monitoring - The Orion Way deck.

0 Kudos

No… I found that one. It was this one after lunch:

Harriscomputer

Mike Lomax

Staff Developer

P: 571-267-3928x74207

F: 703-709-2490

E: MLomax@harriscomputer.com

, Arizona

www.harriscomputer.com.

This message is intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This communication may contain information that is proprietary, privileged or confidential or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you are not the named addressee, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete all copies of the message.

0 Kudos

https://thwack.solarwinds.com/people/Mike%20Lomax  wrote:

No…  I found that one.  It was this one after lunch:

Harriscomputer

Mike Lomax

Staff Developer

P: 571-267-3928x74207

F: 703-709-2490

E: MLomax@harriscomputer.com

, Arizona

www.harriscomputer.com.

This message is intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This communication may contain information that is proprietary, privileged or confidential or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you are not the named addressee, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete all copies of the message.

oh! that's Karla and Liz' session. Checking with KMSigma​ to sort it out

0 Kudos

Mike Lomax​ that session was renamed:

pastedImage_2.png

I'll shoot you the presentation link via DM.

Level 20

Did anyone get anything to get points for the SWUG?  I never saw any emails or anything about it?

0 Kudos

The survey (which confirms the points awarded and the downloads of the decks) went out this morning.  There's a bonus points distribution if you complete by a specific date - look to the survey header for that information.

"Shoot for the stars to reach the moon"

Done and done!  I've already been working with Jeremy Hynds to see about getting licensing figured out so we can standardize on SEM for all our various information systems and... there's a LOT of them.  I figure buy 5000 nodes at a time in bulk and go from there.  We can be an example for others in the industrial base and I think once we demonstrate this SW will have a LOT more new business from my industry.  I've been doing multiple UX sessions for SEM recently that's now evolved into the product.  I've had two large investment firms call me and interview me multiple times about SWI stock and whether they should invest a large portion of their customers money in SWI stock.  I've done a bunch of reviews for Gartner because they requested more detail on specifically the SEM product.

I've been extremely busy because RMF has been big demand on my entire industry but my plan was to see if SEM could become an accepted standard for my entire industry.

Bill

0 Kudos
Level 9

What's everyone doing for dinner? Anyone up for Dave & Busters???

0 Kudos
Level 7

Do we park in the Rennaisance Hotel Garage or in the lot across Coyotes Blvd?

0 Kudos

Either works.

0 Kudos
Level 20

I got an email this morning (Monday):  Reminder: SolarWinds User Group in Phoenix is tomorrow!

It confused me because SWUG is Wed. and Thurs. not tomorrow!

There was an error in the queuing date for this particular email and subsequently it went out a day early. Event doors will open on Wednesday, February 5th at 7:30am.

Sincere apologies for the mixup.

Same here.

Level 20

One thing I'd like to see more of is security related stuff... SolarWinds tools satisfy many of the 800-53 and 800-171 RMF requirements and seeing how this works would be really good for pretty much everyone.  I know everyone isn't a CISSP but we're all stuck with dealing with security these days so it really applies!!!

Bill

https://www.youracclaim.com/badges/ee5407b2-e330-4f24-861c-6cc353fc3363/public_url

0 Kudos
Level 20

Wooohooo here we go PHX SWUG 3.0!!!

babyyoda.jfif

Phoenix SWUG Do or do not. There is no try.

babyyodawalk.gif

Phoenix SWUG come you must!

Bill

Level 13

Any MSP Partners out there attending? I want to talk to you!

I'm Kellie in the User Experience Group, I'll be presenting with my pal ccousineau​ on Day 1.  I've been with SolarWinds a long time but am fairly new to MSP.  I want to hear stories--at lunch, over any happy hours!  Come find me!

Hey Kellie,

Not MSP here but looking forward to meeting you in person.  See you there.

0 Kudos
Level 9

Hey Kevin. Since the SDK sessions go up to the 300 level at this SWUG, does that mean there's some kind of "lab" involved?