This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Nexus 7710 - Solarwinds indicates Receive Errors/Discards

Hello,

We've been running our Solarwinds for nearly 10 months and have had numerous reports that our two Nexus 7710s are experiencing Receive Errors and/or Receive Discards.

We reviewed the logs files on these devices and the 7710s log show zero errors or discards.  Is this a common problem for Solarwinds?  If so, is there a process to correct these erroneous errors?

Thank you.

• Solarwinds only reports what it gets via SNMP for those interface stats, so when troubleshooting erratic reporting from Cisco hardware I always take snmp walks of the hardware in question.  I personally have experienced 5 different situations where specific models and firmwares will show completely different values in SNMP than what you see in the CLI.

If the SNMP counters are borked in some way that is inconsistent with the CLI then you will need to open a TAC case to talk to Cisco about fixing them.  If you see that somehow your Solarwinds is just making numbers up that your hardware doesn't have in SNMP then you have an Orion ticket to open.  In my experience the most annoying ones have always fallen on the Cisco side.