cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post

Integration with JIRA and pre-existing comments

Jump to solution

Hi all,

We have done the setup to integrate our Service Desk with JIRA and all is well apart from when we create a ticket in JIRA using the link within SWSD any comments that are pre-existing in SWSD do not get carried into the JIRA ticket. Any comments added after on both sides are reflected.

Is there any way to get pre-existing comments to be automatically entered into the JIRA ticket on creation? Have I missed something in the setup?

Thanks,

Adam.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 10

Hi @Adam_Brierley great question! 

As it stands today the current integration between Jira and SolarWinds Service Desk was designed to only transfers the comments on closure. After the work has been done in Jira and upon closing the ticket there, comments will be shared privately to the Service Desk. 

I can certainly see where the addition of the pre-existing comments would be valuable - I've shared your feedback with our product team. 

I hope that helps to clarify!

Best,
Liz

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Level 10

Hi @Adam_Brierley great question! 

As it stands today the current integration between Jira and SolarWinds Service Desk was designed to only transfers the comments on closure. After the work has been done in Jira and upon closing the ticket there, comments will be shared privately to the Service Desk. 

I can certainly see where the addition of the pre-existing comments would be valuable - I've shared your feedback with our product team. 

I hope that helps to clarify!

Best,
Liz

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Thank you Liz.

I'll get the SD team to cut and paste any existing comments into a new comment after the link is made.

Cheers,

Adam.