cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 10

How do I get Articles to appear correctly in the search area?

I'm having trouble making my articles "smart" enough for them to be populated when a user starts typing in the "What Can We Help You With"?

For instance, if someone were to start typing the word "laptop" in the search area, only two service requests come up...

5.png

...yet if you click on the "All results for "laptop" - you'll see that there are multiple incidents AND solutions.

6.png

I even went so far as to create a Topic: subtopic, so a user could go to the Solution Center and even sort alphabetically, and the main topic would group subjects together.

Every article that starts with "LAPTOP" also has a tag called "laptop"

7.png

What else can I do to make the articles automatically appear when the user starts typing?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Level 10

Hey Holly! Sorry for the delay here - the smart suggestions are one of my favorite features, so definitely wanted to be sure to drop in and provide some insight.

As you continue to link knowledge articles to ongoing incidents, that's just going to make your smart suggestions stronger. So it's the physical association to show use and adoption over time. You can do that from the related tab (above comments) and selecting 'Solutions' from the drop-down, or as suggestions begin to show on your right-hand panel, you can certainly select the paper-clip to attach from that quick view: 

Screen Shot 2020-09-03 at 1.00.55 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-03 at 1.03.11 PM.png

Once you start sharing those solutions over time and as users continue to click and view articles too, those will become suggested in their portal searches. It really is a result of increased use. I hope that helps! 

-Liz

PS - from what I see in your screenshot, your portal looks great! We LOVE seeing portal adoption and hearing the ways you're working to make it stronger 🙂 

0 Kudos