This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Email Template Notification On-Boarding Workflow

I'd like to know if the following is possible and if so, how would I achieve this?

I'm creating a new Onboarding Process

Created a group for IT

One of our tasks is to create an email address

Is there any way to add functionality to the task so that the task itself requires specific components to complete such as providing the username and password for the e-mail account, which should then be e-mailed automatically to the requestor and the requestors manager as a template upon completion.

• Hey  

Unfortunately our workflow does not have this capability.  I will submit this as a feature request on your behalf and we'll let you know if we end up adding functionality like this in the future.

Thanks,

Jason

• You could create a service that polls the API and watches for that Incident to get generated. Then, you can extract the custom fields for username, etc... Once it sees a new incident, have your service grab the custom field data and kick off a process to create the user/email. I am working on something exactly like this now.

• You could create a service that polls the API and watches for that Incident to get generated. Then, you can extract the custom fields for username, etc... Once it sees a new incident, have your service grab the custom field data and kick off a process to create the user/email. I am working on something exactly like this now.