This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Close Incidents linked to Problem

How do I automatically trigger incidents to close upon problem resolution?

• Hi  

So long as those incidents that are related to the problem, have not yet moved to a state of 'Resolved' or 'Closed' themselves, upon moving a problem to the 'Closed' state, you should be prompted with the following message: 

Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 8.28.15 AM.png

You'll then have the opportunity to select all related, open incidents to close out in mass, or you can select specific incidents to also resolve: 
    Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 8.28.35 AM.png

I hope that helps to clarify!

Best,
    Liz

• Thank you, Liz.

When I open the problem and change the state from Open to Closed I am not prompted to do anything with the 10 related incidents.

Is there something special that has to happen / I have to click for that to occur?

•  One of the reasons you may not be getting the prompt is that you have 'Resolution Code' set to mandatory.  Since there is no way to set the resolution code en masse from the Problem record, it will not prompt to close those related incidents.  It could also be that there are mandatory fields that are not filled in which would again not allow you to resolve them in this way either.

You can access the Resolution Code setting under Setup>Global Settings>Service Desk Settings:

Snip20201008_2.png

• Thank you!

Required field on close was the reason I wasn't being prompted.