This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

miscellaneous utilities module offline

Hi, Guys

I have a linux server with STM agent installed. (version 5.2.4).

But my STM(version 5.3.1) can not automatically find this server.

Should I use the same version?

I have added this linux to STM manually.

But when I check the agent status, I got this message as the picture shows.

How can I solve this problem?

Thanks.

2.jpg

• Hi kenshin,

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "STM can not automatically find this server"? It appears that everything except that Miscellaneous Utilities Module is working as expected. What behavior are you seeing elsewhere in the product that is having a problem?

• Hi, Balki

If the STM agent works well in server, the agent can self register at STM server. Is that right?

But in my situation, I can only add this server manually.

After I added this server in STM, I ran the agent status report, it showed that Miscellaneous Utilities Module is offline. Just like the picture shows.

Do you know how to fix this issue?

Thanks.

• Hi Kenshin,

The Agent and Server should be running the same version.

You can upgrade this Agent from the Web Console: Settings -> Upgrade Agents.

For automatically registering new Agents with the main server make sure the SNMP Trap port is open (default in STM is UDP 10162) from the new Agent to the main server.

• Also once the Linux Agent is upgraded to 5.3.1 if you are still getting the same error there might be a program missing from the Linux server.

Check the full log under:

/opt/Storage_Manager_Agent/administrative/mod.adm.mu.MiscUtils_1.0/mod.adm.mu.MiscUtils.log

Look for a line informing of the missing file/program.

For example: Cannot run program "hdparm": java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory

In the case of the example error above the program '/sbin/hdparm' was missing from the server.

Use your package manager to install whatever program may be missing from your build and restart the Agent service.