This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

VMWare Candidate Quick Report

FormerMember
FormerMember

The VMWare Candidate Quick Report in Profiler is a great report; however I have not been able to find any data regarding the parameters used to build it; ie: over what duration the report is using to derive the statistics 7 days, 30 days, etc. and will the results flatten out over time.  What criteria is used for the ranking of servers, especially when some server candidates may have dual quad-core cpu and others only two dual-core; where can I find documentation on the various reports in Profiler so that I can better understand the data that Profiler has analyzed on my behalf?

• Here is the logic used in the VMWare Candidate report.

Candidate Rank and Cause

If Disk % Busy is greater than 40%, then Rank is 3 and Cause is Disk
    otherwise
    If CPU % Busy is greater than 50%, then Rank is 3 and Cause is CPU
    If CPU % Busy is between 25% and 50% and Used Memory is more than 2048 MB, then Rank is 3 and Cause is CPU and RAM
    If CPU % Busy is between 25% and 50% and Used Memory is less than 2048 MB, then Rank is 2 and Cause is CPU
    If CPU % Busy is less than 25% Used Memory is more than 1024 MB, then Rank is 2 and Cause is RAM
    Otherwise, the Rank will be 1 and there will be no Cause

Values are averages over 7 days   

CPU Values are averages of all cpus on a system.

CPU % Prime is based on 8am-5pm

As far as documentation for the reports, the best we have right now is the report description found at the top of every report.  It should give you a basic idea of what the report was intended to show.