cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 13

Unknown Memory Warning/Alert

Jump to solution

Were monitoring most of our file servers using Profiler. When I'm viewing the "Server Monitor" page, there are a couple of the servers that have a red triangle icon with the "X". Typically this means theres some kind of problem or a threshold of some kind has been exceeded.

I haven't changed any of the default memory warning levels on the agents, so they are all still set at 94%. None of these servers are using even half of their total memory though. Any ideas why I'm seeing these warnings? What am I missing here?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Product Manager
Product Manager

The warning/errors are build on the percentiles of a weeks work of data each time the configuration is pushed, with some defaults build in if there is not enough data.  Try pushing the configuration to the agents again to reset the percentiles or you can turn them off.

If you want more granular control, create rules and alerts via the rules engine.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Product Manager
Product Manager

The warning/errors are build on the percentiles of a weeks work of data each time the configuration is pushed, with some defaults build in if there is not enough data.  Try pushing the configuration to the agents again to reset the percentiles or you can turn them off.

If you want more granular control, create rules and alerts via the rules engine.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

When you say configuration, are you referring to the "Default OS Policy"? If not, can you clarify?

0 Kudos

Yes, you can configure all agents via the policy under real time status. 

0 Kudos

Sweee! Pushing the policy out to all agents took care of several of the ones that were showing up in warning. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos

Dang...swee = sweet 🙂

0 Kudos
Level 13

By the way, the warning is on the memory specifically. Disk, CPU, Net & Vol all have the green icon with the checkmark.

0 Kudos