cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

Support for Nutanix Monitoring

Jump to solution

I wanted to know if there are plans to support Nutanix monitoring.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution
Product Manager
Product Manager

hnz980  wrote:

Yes. we're working on this now, let me know if you're interested in chatting with me on your use cases and we can set up a call!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
17 Replies
Product Manager
Product Manager

hnz980  wrote:

Yes. we're working on this now, let me know if you're interested in chatting with me on your use cases and we can set up a call!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Level 9

Any update on this... migration to Nutanix AHV is on our immediate horizon as well.... would rather not have to go to another product to effectively monitor this.....

0 Kudos

tmeyers  wrote:

Any update on this... migration to Nutanix AHV is on our immediate horizon as well.... would rather not have to go to another product to effectively monitor this.....

0 Kudos

We have been seeing more and more customers getting or processing POCs for Nutanix and HyperConverged in general.

A steer on inclusion would be useful

0 Kudos

nutanix dashboard is powerful. I would love to see it integrated into Orion somehow but the customer would need VMAN/SRM/SAM to show the data that Prism shows.

//My opinion not solarwinds

Level 9

Is there any likely update for this request?

We are migrating to Nutanixs next year with intention of moving off of VMware onto AHV as well. Assuming this migration goes well its possible we will migrate another datacenter to Nutanix, that current DC uses a Storwize V7000 which SRM supports (happily running a trial at the moment) but I can't push for us to purchase SRM if it cannot be used or is unneeded if Nutanix replaces the existing solution within 16 months.

Regards

Nigel

0 Kudos
Product Manager
Product Manager

nbs  wrote:

Is there any likely update for this request?

We are migrating to Nutanixs next year with intention of moving off of VMware onto AHV as well. Assuming this migration goes well its possible we will migrate another datacenter to Nutanix, that current DC uses a Storwize V7000 which SRM supports (happily running a trial at the moment) but I can't push for us to purchase SRM if it cannot be used or is unneeded if Nutanix replaces the existing solution within 16 months.

Regards

Nigel

Costs would be an issue for VMAN/SRM at the moment. Dates increase over time, but budgets often don't Same ole story!!

0 Kudos
Product Manager
Product Manager

nbs  wrote:

Costs would be an issue for VMAN/SRM at the moment. Dates increase over time, but budgets often don't Same ole story!!

Same ole story indeed! I'd still love to have a quick chat with you if you're interested. I'll direct message you with contact information.

0 Kudos

I like the single pain of glass solarwinds and am still looking forward to the integration but but Nutanix has a great resource monitoring view.

There is support for monitoring Nutanix.

https://www.nutanix.com/2015/04/23/nutanix-is-now-validated-for-solarwinds/

Through the UnDP package SolarWinds NPM administrators are now able to monitor Nutanix objects and components such as clusters, containers, storage pools and disks; and are also able to oversee important metrics such as latency, IOPs and bandwidth utilization.

True enough.  But we also need the disk and IOPS data into SRM so our drill down where we "chase the problem" will work properly.  No SRM, then you really are not a Storage Resource for the Orion tools.

0 Kudos

edsando  wrote:

True enough.  But we also need the disk and IOPS data into SRM so our drill down where we "chase the problem" will work properly.  No SRM, then you really are not a Storage Resource for the Orion tools.

Are you looking for disk level IOPs, & latency, storage container level iops and latency or storage pool iops and latency?

0 Kudos

Do you have a view for your nutanix environment that you could share or wouldn't mind sharing?

0 Kudos

I believe hnz980​​ is referring specifically to SRM monitoring.  The method described in your link is for NPM SNMP based polling where SRM mostly uses SMI-S.  Solarwinds supports Isilon and Equalogic arrays which also use SNMP so the capability seems to be there but so far Nutanix hasn't made the cut.  I believe there are a few feature requests relating to this out there.

-Marc Netterfield

Loop1 Systems: SolarWinds Training and Professional Services

- Marc Netterfield, Github
0 Kudos
Level 9

I second this. 

We are planning a migration off of our existing infrastructure across to Nutanix and would love to be able to continue to monitor the stack down to the storage level. 

We have added our current Nutanix nodes using custom pollers so far but it does not give us the level of monitoring that we have been used to with out NetApp storage in Solarwinds (Although it's worth mentioning that Nutanix do have this covered exceptionally well themselves for their own stack).

Any plans or road maps around SRM integration with Nutanix as a storage appliance would be greatly received.

Thanks

0 Kudos