cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 11

SRM/Netapp reporting different numbers

Jump to solution

We are running Netapps in cluster mode and are monitoring them with SRM. There is a 7 TB difference between what SRM is reporting for Raw Disk Capacity and what the Netapp Dashboard reports.

If SRM is connecting to the Netapp API, why is there a 7TB difference?

Please advise

Thank you

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

We did put a ticket in as well.  I didn't speak to them directly, our storage guy did.  To sum up the differences (if I heard him correctly) SRM calculates space set aside for snapshots.  So netapp shows 5GB, but SRM shows 4GB, because 1GB is partitioned for something else (in our case snapshots).  This makes sense to me, because I want to know exactly how much space I have to play with.  Hope this helps.  There was no summary on the ticket we opened. 1185468 .

Rick Collier

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Level 11

Was a ticket submitted for this and was there an explanation?  I am having the same issue.

0 Kudos

I'll have to ask my guy. We were working through some other issues and I think this got lost in the process. We did put in a ticket because cluster mode on the netapps wasn't showing serial numbers and the SRM devs said it was going to fixed soon, I don't know if the difference in the reporting numbers was part of it.

0 Kudos

We did put a ticket in as well.  I didn't speak to them directly, our storage guy did.  To sum up the differences (if I heard him correctly) SRM calculates space set aside for snapshots.  So netapp shows 5GB, but SRM shows 4GB, because 1GB is partitioned for something else (in our case snapshots).  This makes sense to me, because I want to know exactly how much space I have to play with.  Hope this helps.  There was no summary on the ticket we opened. 1185468 .

Rick Collier

View solution in original post

Marking this a correct answer, if anyone knows any different let me know and I'll update.

I'm no storage guy, but that makes sense.

Level 11

bump

0 Kudos

Best to have a support ticket opened to investigate the issue

0 Kudos