This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SRM Install on same system as SAM and NPM?

I am performing an intial setup of SRM in an environment that has a previously setup environment of SAM and NPM. Should the install of SRM go on the same server and use a seperate database?

• Hi,

SRM is Orion based module, so if you have NPM with SAM installed, you can install also SRM on the same box and you can also use the same database. Just make sure you are not mixing beta versions of any these products together, and your installation should be fine.

Also there is an general recommendation to backup your database prior initiating setup, but I suppose you are aware of emoticons_happy.png

In order to additional review, you can reply NPM and SAM versions you have installed and SRM version you'd like to install. I can verify steps of integration or help you more detailed.

Regards

Lubo

• Hi campbellj1977​!

One other thing you could do is check the recommendations shown in the SolarWinds Product Upgrade Advisor. It will tell you what you need to install, and in what order, to get your SRM integrated emoticons_happy.png

Product Upgrade Advisor | SolarWinds Customer Portal